Friday 26th to Monday 29th May 2017
So who wouldn’t wish to spend a long weekend in the gorgeous south of France in the foothills of the Pyrenees?
An escape from the normal humdrum. A chance to meet some new people and an opportunity to learn something new and experience somewhere that little bit different.
The Aude is in the Languedoc-Roussillon region of France. This is the sunniest region of France with 300+ days of sunshine a year! May and June are typically pleasant with lots of sunshine and warm temperatures with the backdrop of the beautiful snow-capped Pyrenean mountains.
The month of May is a wonderful time to visit the Aude. Spring has sprung. Wild flowers abound. The weather is gloriously perfect for herb walks and being in nature.
So some brief details… of this Spring Weekend Herbal Workshop
This long weekend will kick-start late Friday afternoon with a meet and greet aperitif and chat about the upcoming weekend.
This will be a relaxed evening with the opportunity to try a local aperitif and some local wine. Grapes have medicinal properties too! A selection of finger foods, soft drinks and herbal teas will also be provided.
There will be a brief introduction to 4 or 5 medicinal plants as a gentle introduction to the weekend.
The Saturday and Sunday will be full days with a half day finish after lunch on the Monday.
This is an interactive and practical workshop. A opportunity to connect to medicinal nature. The weekend itinerary will include
- an introduction to herbal medicine,
- several herb tastings to get to known the plants in different preparations,
- an understanding of use of various herbal preparations (infusions and decoctions, tinctures and vinegars, oils and ointments)
- at least one herb walk identifying wild medicinals in the beautiful Aude countryside,
- a visit to a popular, local French market (including stalls with dried herbs, essential oils and medicinal plants)
- the opportunity to make at least two quality herbal products to take home with knowledge and recipes to make your own remedies in future. Don’t worry for those travelling we’ll ensure you don’t exceed the 100ml liquid carry on flight allowance!
Who is this workshop for?
- Anyone with an interest in learning about herbal medicine or making natural products.
- Solo traveller looking for an activity based weekend with some like-minded people.
- Anyone with an interest in natural medicine, nature and this beautiful area of France.
- Complementary therapists (such as reflexologists, reiki practitioners, aromatherapists or massage therapists) keen to enhance their knowledge base.
- Any local English speakers wishing to learn a little more about wild medicinal plants growing in this area or learn about herbal medicine.
So… How much is the Spring Weekend Herbal Workshop and What is included?
The weekend workshop costs 245,00€.
Note the reduced early booking price of 205,00€ is available until 31st March 2017 only. Thereafter the price will revert to 245,00€.
The price includes:
- Local aperitif and finger buffet on Friday 26th May at meet and greet
- 3 lunches: Saturday 27th, Sunday 28th and Monday 29th
- Soft drinks and herbal teas during workshops
- Herb walk
- Trip to local market
- Printed handouts and notes
- All ingredients included in product making workshops and herb tasting
- A minimum of two natural products to take home
What is NOT included…
- Breakfast or evening meals
* for those travelling from overseas I can arrange accommodation locally on your behalf. This will usually be a local chambre d’hôtes. There is a local campsite for those preferring this option. It helps if you can provide a guideline of your budget and whether you would prefer accommodation with English speakers.
There is an airport bus service to/from Carcassonne ** airport to Carcassonne train station (la gare). There are trains/buses from Carcassonne to the area. However should you prefer a pick up/drop off service to/from Carcassonne airport this is available for a small fee.
**This workshop falls on a bank holiday weekend in the UK. Ryanair operate flights to Carcassonne from East Midlands, Glasgow, Manchester and London Stansted.
Flights are also available from Dublin albeit the Irish bank holiday is the following weekend. I may repeat the course the following weekend if sufficient interest.
Wish to hang around a little longer?
For those travelling from overseas this area has an array of activities on offer. For the more active you can try a kayak or canoe on the river Aude or mountain biking in the beautiful Pyrenees. A history buff? Then indulge in one or two of the many Cathar châteaux. If mystery is more your thing then Rennes-le-Château is the place for you. Further details can be provided upon request.