Spring Weekend Herbal Workshop
Friday 26th to Monday 29th May 2017
So who wouldn’t wish to spend a fabulous long weekend (or longer, if you choose) in the gorgeous south of France in the foothills of the Pyrenees?
The month of May is a wonderful time to visit the haute vallée de l’Aude. Spring has sprung. The weather is glorious with a backdrop of beautiful snow-capped mountains.
An escape from the normal humdrum with a chance to meet some new people and an opportunity to experience somewhere that little bit different.
So some brief details… of this Spring Weekend Herbal Workshop
The weekend will kick-start late Friday afternoon with a meet and greet aperitif and a brief introduction about the upcoming weekend.
The Saturday and Sunday will be full days with a half day finish after lunch on the Monday. The workshop will include an introduction to herbal medicine, a herb walk in the beautiful Aude countryside, a visit to a local French market and the opportunity to make at least two herbal products to take home. Don’t worry for those travelling we’ll ensure you don’t exceed the 100 ml liquid carry on flight allowance!
Who is this workshop for?
- Anyone with an interest in learning about herbal medicine or making natural products.
- Solo traveller looking for an activity based weekend with some like-minded people.
- Anyone with an interest in natural medicine, nature and this beautiful area of France.
- Complementary therapists (such as reflexologists, reiki practitioners, aromatherapists or massage therapists) keen to enhance their knowledge base.
- Students of herbal medicine.
- Any local English speakers wishing to learn a little more about wild medicinal plants growing in this area or learn about herbal medicine.
So… How much is the Spring Weekend Herbal Workshop and What is included?
The weekend workshop costs €225.00. This includes:
- Local aperitif and snacks on Friday 26th May at meet and greet
- 3 lunches: Saturday 27th, Sunday 28th and Monday 29th
- Soft drinks and herbal teas during workshops
- Herb walk
- Trip to local market
- Printed handouts and notes
- All materials included in workshop
- A minimum of two natural products to take home
What is NOT included…
- Breakfast or evening meals
* for those travelling from overseas I can arrange accommodation on your behalf. There is public transport to/from Carcassonne ** airport. However should you prefer a pick up/drop off service to/from the airport is available for a small fee.
** This workshop falls on a bank holiday weekend in the UK. Ryanair operate flights to Carcassonne from East Midlands, Glasgow, Manchester and London Stansted. Flights are also available from Dublin albeit the Irish bank holiday is the following weekend. I may repeat the course the following weekend if sufficient interest.
Wish to hang around a little longer?
For those travelling from overseas this area has an array of activities on offer. For the more active you can try a kayak or canoe on the river Aude or mountain biking in the beautiful Pyrenees. A history buff? Then indulge in one or two of the many Cathar châteaux. If mystery is more your thing then Rennes-le-Château is the place for you. Further details can be provided upon request.
Interested ? Spring Weekend Herbal Workshop 2017
Places will be limited and accommodated on a first-come-first-served basis. If you have any questions please complete the contact form below or book now.
Further details will be provided once your booking is confirmed. Thank you.